We had a wonderful Easter this year! Alex and I colored eggs together. Jaden is a bit crazy and not so careful so I opted for his nap time to do break out the egg dyes. Maybe next year.... The kiddos enjoyed their Easter baskets and new Easter Sunday clothes. I had most of the stuff collected and put together a couple of weeks ago so it eleviated much of the stress I usually feel trying to pull off the holiday. Much to TJ's dismay he did not receive an Easter basket and I am afraid he was quite put out about it. My friend asked him if he had made me mad since he didn't get one. He didn't think that was very funny either. He hadn't made me mad but since he has been telling me to not spend money I thought that included extra's spent on him...apparently not. We had a relatively small group gather (compared to our normal size) at our home for a delicous dinner. THat is probably my favorite festivity of holidays, the gathering of family and friends to eat yummy (fattening) food! We held an Easter egg hunt for the kiddo's after dinner which they loved. Watching the kids run around the yard reminded me of Easter egg hunts when I was little and how exciting they were to me.
This year I enjoyed the spirit of the season more so then in years past. Alex is old enough that she could comprehend the basics of Christ's death and ressurection. I love it when her little mind grasps a concept and she wants to talk about it or ask questions to feed her curiousity. We had STK conference the weekend before Easter and so much of it was about Christ and then the March Ensign was all about Christ and the atonement. Not only did my feeling of love and reverence deepin for my Saviour but I also discovered answers to questions. All around it was probably my best Easter ever!
Thursday, March 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I watched the video I have of last years Easter egg hunt with Alex and Jaden and boy do I miss them! Alex looks so grown up in her pictures. I felt the reverence of the season a lot more this year too. We made it to the Easter Pageant and it does a pretty good job of reminding you why we celebrate Easter. Well sis, I miss you tons. I have to tell you that I don't have any close girlfriends down here and that makes me miss you even more. Traci and I are starting to get along well, but it's just not the same as having you around. I love you!
Post a Comment